Sunday, July 20, 2008

Getting Nervous

I always get a little nervous around this time of year. Each May I send music to my editors at Alfred Publishing and wait out the summer for a response. They always respond around mid-July to early August and around that time I always worry. I understand that how many they accept depends upon their needs for the year, submissions by other composers, and the need for a well-balanced catalog. This year, I figure they'll be a little later than usual - the Alfred HQ is in southern California and I suspect that dealing with the wildfires is taking priority over formalizing the catalog.

The very first year I submitted I learned about the acceptance on my birthday and, since they always let me know around the same time, I always call their notification letter the best birthday gift of the year. Here's hoping it will be a good birthday this year!

No comments: