Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Opera Developments

Things are progressing. Maybe.

Last week I finished a new round of revisions to make my opera more singable and then reduced the new score down to a piano part. Just as I was finishing that, one of the "pros" I've been in talks with became available to look at what I've done! This pro is a friend of a friend who is a choir director. Even better, a friend of this friend of my friend is a college opera faculty member and is also eager to look at it and help with the polish. Better still, the friend of a friend of my friend has serious connections and mentioned showing it to some big-time opera-world muckey-mucks.

I know what you're thinking and I totally agree. This road looks awfully familiar and it's hard not to get excited when everything appears to be clicking into place. We'll see how it goes - I'm staying wary, keeping my expectations low, and am taking things one step at a time. Right now we're parsing out the details of when and where to meet, but it looks like next week is likely. Hopefully, I'll have good news to report.

No comments: