Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Still Waiting

I'm remaining patient, but August 1st has come and gone and still no word from my publisher about weather I'm in next year's catalog. I'm starting to run out of fingernails to bite. Yesterday they sent me the CDs of the 2008-2009 catalog, so I know they're still out there somewhere and that they still have my correct address.

The CDs came in cool packages - tall pocket cards with the playlist printed on the inside, a pocket on the left for the CD, and a pocket on the right for a booklet. Very classy. Kudos to their design team. It also reminded me that I need to send them a new photo for their marketing - I no longer look anything like the photos they used from eight years ago.

In other news, I'm working on two new student pieces plus the opera. Actually, the opera is on the back burner for a little while. It's like a crossword puzzle: sometimes it's good to put it aside, clear one's head, and get some distance. Then when you return, refreshed, it's easier to see things you may have missed before.

Also, I got an e-mail from my good friend Bruce in Charlotte, NC. He has re-booted his Sizzling Strings orchestra this summer and has started working on Wait Your Turn and Gauntlet.

No comments: