Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Breeze at Midwest

And... Done with another new piece! I'm really cranking them out. As it stands, I have more than I need for next year's submissions, so my plan is to continue writing so I can be choosy when it comes time to mail new music off to Alfred. I hope they like this latest one - it's in 6/8 with lots of delicious hemiola.

In other news, I just found out that one of my pieces will be performed at this year's Midwest Conference in Chicago! A group from Marietta Georgia (a district that has been very good to me in the past) will open their show with "A Breeze In The Keys" - one of my new selections this year. I hadn't planned on going, but now I'm considering it. On the other hand, traveling 300 miles and taking on the travel and hotel expense to hear a two-minute piece doesn't sound appealing.

Anyhoo, if you're planning on attending the conference, be sure to have a listen and stop by the Alfred booth to buy a copy of "Breeze" and any of my other selections that strike your fancy.

No comments: