Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New Music Sent

Last Thursday I took my trip to the post office and dropped off three packets of music - nine new pieces to Alfred and five older, unpublished works to FJH and Kjos. Now it's a waiting game. Alfred usually contacts me around July or August (the best birthday gift, eleven years running) and the others normally send me rejection letters around September. I send stuff to Alfred every year and they get first pick at my newest works, but I'll sent to the others only every two to three years. They always tell me that they have enough submissions and that they publish from their inner circle, but I'm always hopeful that there's an opening at some point or that I've come up with something that they just can't pass up. At any rate, I'll be spending the next three months with my fingers crossed.

No comments: