Monday, June 22, 2009

New Music Update

I wrote last month about the importance of sending music with a broad range of styles and ability levels to publishers and mentioned that in order to do so, I needed add some beginner-level and advanced-level music to my portfolio. I'm happy to report that progress is underway. A few weeks ago I finished a Major-key piece for beginners that focuses on counting and subdividing beats and I'm now working on a major-key piece for advanced students that drills jete and spiccato bowing. The jete piece should be really fun and I can't wait to hear a whole orchestra bouncing their bows in unison.

On the "jete" piece (still untitled, of course) I have a little intro, the main theme, and I'm working on negotiating a key change into the second theme. It's still early and rough, but I have high hopes for this one.

No comments: