Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Latest Compositions

Here's an update on what I've been working on recently:

Earlier this month I finished an advanced piece in A Major that focuses on jete bowing (a percussive bow-bouncing technique). I can't wait to hear it performed by a real orchestra - it should sound like a team of horses galloping across the stage. And one of the best parts is that it looks a lot more complicated than it really is. Lots of ink on the page, but not terribly difficult to play - good for a young musician's ego.

Just this week, I finished a simple little tune for beginners. The main theme is in D Major, the secondary theme is in B Minor, and it's all pizzicato on the D and A strings. I enjoy exploring the Latin styles (I've written tangos, a bossa nova, a mambo, and a bachata) and this one is a little samba. I also added optional parts for claves and cabasa. I think younger kids will really enjoy it.

2 comments:

leslie said...

My daughter recently played Agincourt at Suzuki Institute and was completely, totally enchanted by it. (I realize this comment is not directly related to the post, but I couldn't figure out another way to contact you.) She desperately wants to put it on her i-pod. Are there recorded versions available?

leslie said...

P.S. My e-mail is lesliehayes at fastmail.fm if you wish to let me know through e-mail.

Thanks!