Friday, September 25, 2009

Got my Proofs!

Alfred is really running ahead of schedule!  I got my proofs for Sneaking Suspicion about two weeks ago and Storm Trail and Star of Valor yesterday.  Usually, they don't arrive until mid-October.

Bob Phillips, my String Editor did a really great job with them.  He made excellent suggestions about articulation, bowings, and caught a few note errors on the scores I had submitted.  Other things arose that I think were good suggestions.  For example, I tend to favor tied notation and Bob recommended using dotted notes instead.  He also found places for courtesy accidentals, bow lifts, and reminders in the violin and viola parts to use 4th fingers.  All good suggestions which should make the music more playable.

My corrections to the proofs were minimal and I can't wait to see the finished product!

No comments: