Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bingo!

So remember that spreadsheet that I keep with all the new music I write for the year? The one that helps me organize new pieces by difficulty level and tonality?

No?  Then check this out.  Or this one.

Anyhoo, just before Christmas, I finished the board, filling up every square!    I now have music for beginners, intermediate level, and advanced students in major keys, minor keys, and "novelty" selections.  That means that I've completed my self-imposed quota for the year and I still have about four months before I send anything off to publishers!  Plus, I've been working ahead for a while which means I have extras handy.  I also have previously-passed-over music that I can re-submit, so there's no lack of selection when it comes time to send music to publishers in the Spring.

Also, I found time recently to do some revisions on my opera.  I adjusted the vocal lines a little bit, made the choruses a little easier to sing, completely re-worked the wind parts in the final scene, and reduced the whole thing into a piano-4-hands version that will be easier to perform while still sounding like the full orchestral score.

No comments: