Thursday, April 1, 2010

Rejected

Oh, interwebs.  I'm so dissappointed today. 

Remember back in November when I mailed music to Kjos Music for consideration in their next String Orchestra catalog?  No?  Well, I did.  I'm not upset that you don't remember - it slipped my mind until I got a big package in the mail today. 

Yes, that's right the big package.  Unlike college letters where the big package means you're accepted (full of information packets and meeting times), the big package from a publisher means that they're returning all your stuff and they don't want to publish it.

Yep, I've been rejected.  Which is to say that my six submissions don't "fit into their current catalog."  Some other publishers discourage any further submissions by adding something like "we're not looking for submissions outside of our current stable of composers."  Ouch. 

Anyway, it gets me thinking that it's about time to get my submissions ready for Alfred.  I have a lot of music to choose from and I need to make recordings, write up descriptions, choose which eight or nine to submit/  Lots of work.  No time to feel sad. 

No comments: